Monday, December 3, 2012

Dustin by Kathleen Marcath


Hello Mom,
This poem is from Dustin, and he said Isabella, too
Dustin asked, if when you are done reading it to have
God read it again to you!

Tell her I’m strong and smart
I know five plus five is ten!

I am four and have a loose tooth
Do you know the tooth fairy? How BIG is God?
Tell her look under my pillow when I go to bed,
after it comes out.

Ask her can I get a lollipop and money,
sixty dollars?

You know I’m having a birthday pajama party,
and a bonfire with marshmallows
I will be five! You and God can come
but you have to wear your pajamas.

At school in BK, early K, I have lots of friends, Kyle, Max, Brice
and Addie and some more people, Kassedy and Jayana they can come too.

You will like them, know how I know?
You always telled me,
Dustin, you are awesome
They say, “Dustin, hey cool dude!”

Isabella is a big girl now, not bigger than me. No, no, no, no!
She follows me around, if I do something she does it,
Everything I say,
She says, too!

I love her a lot; she calls me
“My Dustin Boy.” That’s funny!

Do you remember her?  She was just a little baby when you had to go
to heaven. I know ‘cause I have a picture of her and you and me.
We miss you. Tell God we are swell
Mimi said you know that’s the same as awesome.

Remember, whisper in God’s ear about my birthday
It’s in October, ok?


1 comment:

  1. Dustin sure sounds like a cool dude, Kathleen. What a sweet poem.

    ReplyDelete