Monday, December 3, 2012

Will by Meggan Jacobsen




He is out there
I Will hope for as long as I can
I am not ashamed
I Will finish what I began.
There is no one else like him
and as a clam for a pearl
I exist, entirely, within his world.
I can see him now, he is perfect
he’s right there
a smirk on his lips, sun in his hair
he’s looking at something
He is alone
He’s building a house
He’s building our home.
It fades away, my beautiful dream
I don’t care what they say,
I don’t care what it seems
He’s coming for me
just like in the fairytale stories
on a horse at sunset
in all his splendor, in all his glory
He Will love me
unconditionally
not because I am pretty
but because I am me.
Until then I Will wait
I Will keep my secret inside
but I Will always be looking
out of the corner of my eye,
for a shadow or a glimpse
or a note of my lullaby
I Will hope
for my prince
until the day that I die.



2 comments:

  1. This is intensely romantic, Meggan, but even glorious princes leave wet towels on the floor and forget to pay the electric bill. And you don't want to see the mess the horse makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought her prince was JESUS... I didn't see wet towels on the floor!

    ReplyDelete