Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Breathless--Round Robin Story by the Take 5 Writers


I knew it had been a bad idea as soon as I saw the bloody entrails spilling out of the fridge. It’s never easy living with a carnivorous zombie, but he is my husband, after all. I should have known it wouldn’t work out on our wedding day when he tried to eat raw meat in an extremely dark hallway before the ceremony. 

Many creepy and crazy things happen in that secret, dark hallway. It was very smelly and the lights in the hallway went on and off. At first, I thought my husband was joking. I guess not! They kept flickering on and off, on and off. Finally, they stopped. Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw something coming towards me, getting closer and closer. 

After all that, I ran to the basement and turned the TV on. Every channel I switched to was a horror movie. And I really hate horror movies…zombies, aliens, vampires…they are all too scary for me! So, I ran out of the basement to the bathroom, hoping I would feel safer. With the lights off, though, all I could think of was Bloody Mary, so I ran out of the bathroom. I was greeted with the sounds of my husband and his zombie friends cheering as they watched the Detroit Tigers beating the Yankees in the ACLS. 

While they watched the game, I took the opportunity to call up the zombie wives. We had a cup of coffee. I thought my night had finally come to a happy ending until I pulled out my phone and I saw that I had a message. I read it, and it turned out to be a virus that turned my phone into a bloody lung.  I threw it out the window and watched as it “breathed” its last breaths, lying on the concrete.



No comments:

Post a Comment