Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Consulting Detective--A Round Robin Story by the Take 5 Writers

Had I realized what I was getting myself into when I responded to the ad for an assistant to a consulting detective, I might have thought twice, especially considering that the detective was a vampire and worked only from dusk to dawn. 

I had spent my entire life trying to find kryptonite, when all I needed was Holy Water. I found out too late, and the detective turned me into a vampire as well. But as a vampire, I was determined to get some blood no matter what was in my way. I figured I would need to find a large group of people to provide my next meal. 

Being from Bangladesh, I had never known anything about Halloween when I came to the USA, and now I was going to a Halloween party at my friend’s house. Wearing a vampire costume, I was ready for some blood! 

While at the party, my pet cat transformed me into a magical wardrobe and I entered Narnia.  The place had weird creatures and animals talking to themselves. A wild Pidgey offered us a chocolate bar. My cat and I ate it slowly but surely. Then a squirrel gave birth to a Pegasus. And a rift of time and space opened up to me and the other travelers from the Halloween party. Or so I thought. The few travelers who were able to come through were attacked by the squirrels that had given birth to the Pegasus. The travelers were never seen again. 

Then he fell off his bike of pretzels and the turtle was alive. Ha ha ha woah! I was scared. This was the first time I'd ever encountered a turtle. I didn’t know they were so green. The hard shell on his back was a mystery to me. The shell was not the usual shell. It looked like a plaid shirt.  So I dove right into the shell, and I scared the poor turtle so badly that he didn’t know what to do. 

I said, “You didn't know I was magical, I take it?” 

“Indeed I did not,” answered the turtle. 

We dwelled together peaceably for a few minutes. Then my friend walked into the room. He was wearing a New York Yankees jersey and saw a tiger in the room. The tiger roared loudly and chased him out because he was representing the wrong team. He changed his jersey to represent the Detroit Tigers, and things were peaceful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment