Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Meeting My Husband at Madonna by Jennifer F. Morse


My most vivid memory of Madonna University is when I met my husband. I actually first saw him in the library.  He was so handsome. He has blond hair and blue eyes and a very muscular build. I was working, shelving books, when I saw him, and he just about took my breath away. I never in a million years figured we would end up together. Later in the semester, I was at the cafeteria with a friend of mine who piled both our meals on her tray and was carrying it through the lunch room. That’s when I saw him again.  He was staring at the tray piled with food, aghast!  The woman I was with was very thin, and I can only imagine that he was thinking, “How can she eat all that?" I took my shot and spoke to him, saying that it wasn’t all just for her, and we were sharing. That was my in; I finally got to meet the handsome man who had stolen my heart in the library. Little did I know then that we would get married and still be together today.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine how differently your life might have turned out if your friend hadn't been carrying all that food on her tray!

    ReplyDelete