Friday, November 16, 2012

Really? Celery? by Joshua Ames


 

 

 Every kid who decides to go trick-or-treating expects to receive an enormous amount of candy, which is why kids travel from house to house. It is a wonderful feeling to knock on someone's door and candy is distributed into your goodie bag. When I was a kid, I was a candy fanatic, so trick-or-treating was one of my favorite events.

 

If I was on a roll, receiving candy from each house I traveled to, I would continue my journey until I ran out of luck. If someone chose to offer me celery sticks during my trick-or-treat session, I would say no thank you, but it is the thought that counts. When I was back at home, I would laugh at the situation with my family.

Written in response to a National Day on Writing prompt

No comments:

Post a Comment