Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Scream Mask by Annie Rossow


 
 

I can just imagine the taunting sneer on the face of the Scream Mask. I can imagine the blind terror as my current reality steps in. The disguised voice gives me chills, just thinking about it. I imagine the searing pain as his unforgiving blade drew across my pale skin. I could feel the heat of the warm blood as it escaped from inside.

 

The rush of adrenaline invites me to the fight or flight state:  Do I let my barely begun life end or do I fight back? Letting the adrenaline take me, I decide to fight back. With the odds stacked against me, I fight with every last ounce of my being. My life will not end because of this sinister being. He shifts his weight and pins me beneath him. He raises his arms against me, as if to seal my fate. In a last attempt for freedom, my arms break free. I am weak and know my blood surrounds me; the end is quickly coming. My arms catch his, the knife inching towards me with every passing second. 

 

The knife flies from his hands. Distracted, I push him from me. I manage to race to the knife. Covering my wound with my hand, my other hand grips the knife. He laughs at my feeble attempts to gain power. He nears me; I attack him with as much fury as I can possibly summon. I plunge the knife as far as it would go. The blade meets and punctures his beating heart. He falls before me. I unmask him and reveal his identity. 

 

I just killed my ex- boyfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment