Friday, November 16, 2012

Psycho Pumpkins--A Round Robin Story by the Take 5 Writers

You would think a pumpkin patch is a perfectly safe place to be but, as I discovered, that isn’t always true.  Especially when those pumpkins come to life and start spitting pumpkin seeds at the speed of bullets. Luckily, since they have no eyes, their aim is terrible, and I was able to avoid the seeds. But I tripped while running, and I crashed into some freshly carved pumpkins, or what I thought were freshly carved pumpkins. 


 
Upon further examination, those large, circular and oblong-shaped heads weren’t from the local pumpkin patch. I was startled beyond belief and scared to look into their eyes. I ran faster than the speed of light. When I looked back, I saw those evil pumpkins with laser green eyes rolling after me. 

 

Of course, I slipped down the hill that magically appeared and fell into a 10x10 hole (you know, the ones they used to make in the movie Holes). The pumpkins were rolling down at lightning speed, all determined to land in the hole with me. Would I be buried alive? My face was covered in sweat as I lay in this dirt hole. 

 

As I tried to get up, the pumpkins pushed me back down forcefully. I looked for a safe place to put my body, because I had come to the pumpkin patch to do some serious work. I needed data for my statistics project, and I had come to the pumpkin patch to record the amount of time it took each group of visitors to choose a pumpkin. I had nestled in to watch the groups of visitors as they examined the pumpkins. I never thought that any type of supernatural activity would take place. I needed data that was measurable, not terribly scary for horror stories. 

 

Oops, here came a group intent on choosing a pumpkin. How long would it take? I kept quietly trying to reassure the pumpkins that my goal was purely scientific. I was just there to watch! It seemed all the visitors were wearing heavy clothing, protecting their faces; it was not a cold day! 

 

As the day progressed, out of the corner of my eye, I swear I caught a glimpse of an orange on a man’s face. Had he come to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin, or was a pumpkin after him?  Just then, I saw the jack-o-lantern that was chasing him! Aaaaggggghhh! Then the pumpkin met another pumpkin and they fell in love! Then one day, the couple got into a really big argument.  Then the two pumpkins busted open.

No comments:

Post a Comment